Chairman & Welfare Officer
The role of the Chairperson is to oversee the business of the meeting and to keep order among members. They have overall control, giving direction, keeping focus and giving structure. Their ultimate responsibility is to take decisions on behalf of the committee following consultation with its members.
- Chair committee meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure appropriate documents, including minutes are available for committee members.
- Ensure that committee members are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Act as the ambassador and/or spokesperson for the club.
- May be called upon to act as mediator.
The Club Welfare Officer’s role is to promote the club/organisation’s policy and procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- The distribution/display of leaflets and codes of conduct to members, parents and young people.
- Advise on the development of activities for young people within the club/organisation.
- Support the registration of all personnel involved in activities for young people within the club/organisation (CRB checks).
- Receive, record and pass on to the British Cycling Child Protection Officer, any concerns relating to the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
- Attend committee meetings.